Marc D. Jaffe
Technology Tamer / Web Designer / Textile Designer
12 Spruce Road
South Salem, NY 10590
firstname.lastname@example.org www.loveisapillow.com www.marcjaffe.com linkedin.com/in/marcjaffe
Expertise in consumer/pro-sumer electronics, personal computing, networks, and small to large business computing. Experience in the management of corporate IT functions and web site support for small to large corporations.
High technology professional with expertise in consumer electronics, personal computing, networks, and small business computing. Experience in the management of IT functions and web site support for large corporations. High-energy individual with strong people skills.
Having worn many shoes in my career thus far, and I love it. When my day can go from computer technician to troubleshooter to inventor and be creative, then I would say that was a good day.
In the late eighties I opened my own commercial Photo lab/Photography business and built 3 labs from Scratch; construction to electrical to plumbing. If I needed something that did not exist, I invented it. If I needed to use a new piece of technology, I learned it.
Like everything else in my past, I am in a constant learning mode. I am always seeking new challenges and looking to add to my repertoire of knowledge.
Web Designer – WebMaster
Commercial & Fine Art Photographer
Textile Designer / Seamster
Microsoft: MCSE, MCSA, MCP
Self proclaimed Apple know it all
Business Council of Westchester
Stamford Chamber of Commerce
2002- Current Technology Consultant, Marc Jaffe Studios, LLC. , South Salem
- Specialize in Mac & PC platforms, wireless and hard-wired networks,cell phones, PDA’s, handheld and convergent data devices. Anything with a plug or battery.
- Website Design and Construction, Webmaster, WordPress
- Commercial & Fine Art Photography.
- Help clients determine technology needs, match technology to business requirements, acquire appropriate technology, and implement technical solutions.
- Clients included small corporations to individuals requiring technical assistance.
Current Web Master/Designer, Assorted sites
Current Mac Consultant, Assorted IT companies in Westchester, NY and Fairfield, CT
Mac Consultant for IT companies needing Mac and Design Skill sets
2014- Current Textile Designer, Love is a Pillow / Your Image Here , South Salem
- Hand Crafted Fine Art Throw Pillows and textiles created from my vast collection of Fine Art Photography.
- Your Images Here allows clients to send their art or promotions to be put on custom Pillows from 4” to 30”.
2003- 2014 Web Master/Designer, Freed of London (US Division) Long Island City, NY
- Freedusa.com, e-commerce Website for International Dance Supply Company
- Designed in 2003, Build, Maintain, Update Website as needed
- Reached $100k in sales in 2011/2012
- The site has since been redesigned and taken over by the new Japanese ownership.
2012 Webmaster, Westfair Communications, White Plains
- Westfaironline.com, WAGmag.com
- Built & Maintained Westfaironline.com, the major local news website and their sister publication WAGmag.com for fashion and lifestyle.
- Took their newly built site that missed all their expectations, redesigned it and implemented a fix in 30 days. Built custom templates so the 3 counties and different categories are separate.
- Combined a badly damaged database that was given to us in 2 pieces. The database is currently over 13500 posts.
- Created a membership section that is currently over 200 members and growing. The membership section consists of weekly sales leads, lists, and digital versions of the weekly paper.
- The Membership section also includes a business directory.
2009-2012 Senior Art Director, The Write Stuff Advertising, Ridgefield CT
- Specialized Agency for Direct Mail Marketing for American Express
- Design & Built Newsletters, Banner Advertising, Web Placement
2011-2013 Web Master/Designer, InsideChappaqua.com
Built in 2011, Build, Maintain, Update Website Monthly
2009 Network Engineer, (Consultant) CSC/Stellaris Health, Mt Kisco, NY
- Maintain Windows 2000/2003 Servers: IBM eServers, HP ProLiant, Dell Poweredge
- Rebuild Servers, Install New Servers
- Hands on with Active Directory and Administrator Duties
- Various Network related duties: Rewire Closets, Access Points, etc.
- Work with Desktop Support to maintain hospital desktops as needed
2008-2014 Senior Technology Consultant, JRO Technology, (Consultant) Port Chester, New York
- Rebuilding Computers with new OS Builds.
- Software installs, Upgrades
- Mac OS Consultant
- Hands on with Active Directory and Administrator Duties
2005-2007 Customer Service Representative, (Full Time) AT&T Mobility, Greenwich, CT
- CSR working with consumer clientele as well as direct sales with small businesses.
- Number 5 in New England based on total opportunities
- Data devices include: Blackberry, Palm, Pocket PC, and Smart Phones.
- Trouble shoot clients devices and questions.
- Direct link to various AT&T departments for international setups, Blackberry, and all trouble shooting that cannot be done on the CSR side.
- Follow up with end users and maintain relationships
2002 Director of Technology, Wave Entertainment, (Full Time) Norwalk, CT
- Managed all IT functions including Avid servers, networks. Supported 10 people local and remotely. Maintained desktop and Laptop computers for video editing on the road
- Acquired and installed all computer equipment and applications.
- Evaluated and selected PDA’s, cell phones and convergent devices for executive business travel.
- Video Editor for company video projects that included X Games for ESPN and, Splash TV for Nickelodeon. Major TV Networks used the Videos produced by Wave.
2000-2001 Web Designer, PepsiCo International, (Full Time) Somers, NY
- Contracted to work as a Web Designer on their Intranet and Extranet.
- Designer for Franchise University. This site rebroadcasted selected video and made available all materials (PowerPoint’s and Documents) from their 3-day event as audio slide shows and doc center. This site was available internationally. The video portions were supplied on CD and the materials resided on a dedicated server. Completed a total of 3 versions of Franchise University and Jumpstart and Primer site. Worked with a team to maintain the sites for two years ensuring 7×24 availability internally and externally.
- Designed the International Sales Online website. This site rolled out in early 2002 was a large international site available to the Business units around the world to access all the necessary data to carry out their daily business. Sales online is broken down by the different aspects of Pepsi’s working philosophy.
- Designed 3 addition websites for various departments
- Redesigned the Pepsi Online Intranet site to have a scalable front end and incorporate the existing content into a working site while the switch to a new portal was implemented.
1999 Studio Manager, Blink Digital Studios, Duggal Color Projects (Full Time), New York, NY
- Managed state-of-the-art Digital Photo Studio
- Researched and purchased all studio equipment
- Scheduled digital photography studio rentals and computer production studio for special photo shoots.
- Provided training and support to clients on the use of equipment to optimize their experience with the studio.
1997-1998 Sales Representative, Sinar Bron Imaging, Inc. (Full Time) , New York, NY
- Consultative sales of professional photography equipment, including Scitex Leaf Digital cameras (12/36 Mb), large format Sinar view cameras, Broncolor strobe equipment, and Foba camera stands.
- Territory included New York City and the 5 Boroughs including both end users and Sinar Bron dealers. Scheduled digital photography studio rentals and computer production studio for special photo shoots.
- # 2 Salesman in U.S. in 1997 and 1998
- Supported dealers and end-users by demonstrating equipment, techniques and applications. Achieved high customer satisfaction ratings.
1987-1997 Professional Photographer Photo-Lab, Marc Jaffe Studios, Inc. – Mount Kisco, NY
- High-end commercial advertising and product photography; professional portraits.
- On-premises full service photo lab, Retail Store, Customer Service and Commercial Direct Sales
- Clients included Readers Digest, NY Times Magazine, MasterCard International, Carol Wright, South Beach Beverages, GTE, IBM, US Surgical, Champion Paper, Panasonic, US Tobacco, Pitney Bowes, Dun & Bradstreet.